The 2014 Altoz XC Z line of zero-turn mowers is comprised of high-performance commercial machines, each built with a dedication to excellence and the promise of a precision cut. Delivered by a team of experienced engineers and lawn care professionals, this one-of-a-kind series of high quality mowers is the pinnacle of design and function.
Providing the foundation of this state-of-the-art lineup is the Aero Deck High Output System, a hallmark of all Altoz precision mowers. With quality-engineered performance that features maximum airflow from its design and premium mulching blades, the XC Z line delivers the highest quality precision cut.
The XC Z line sets a new standard for zero-turn mowers with its industry-leading 19 mph top speed that headlines the toughness and durability of the mower and delivers increased productivity. It is complemented by an exceptional drive system and clutch that produces 250 ft.-lbs. of torque along with a heavy-duty deck, deck spindles, front forks and fork castors, as well as tapered wheel bearings.
Thanks to its unparalleled design, the XC Z line also features the SmarTrac Monitoring System that keeps the operator abreast and informed. With the SmarTrac built-in maintenance reminders, a digital RPM gauge, alarm protection, and an on-board clock, the XC Z line provides worry-free operation.
Every detail was accounted for in the development of the XC Z line’s operator comfort. The TorqFlex Suspension absorbs every bump and instance of ground chatter for the ultimate smooth ride. The Vibration Isolation System also assists operator comfort by isolating the rider from aggravating vibration to allow the operator to mow all day and limit fatigue. Last, and certainly not least, the Engine Isolation System ensures that the operator is comfortable in the most demanding conditions. The seat brings everything together with fully adjustable suspension, lumbar support, tilt adjustment, operator weight adjustment and more.
“We built the Altoz XC Z lineup for professionals and discerning homeowners who demand the finest quality cut and appreciate a well-designed, quality built mower,” explains Dennis Brazier, Altoz Chief Executive Officer.
“We are committed to building a brand that is a game-changer within the industry,” Brazier continues. “It’s reflected in our attention to detail, such as hiding control linkages inside the frame where they’re out of sight and shielded from debris, fingers and feet. And it’s highlighted by the superior handling and operator comfort that produces a precision-grade cut.”
With awe-inspiring performance that turns heads and a finished cut that commands admiration, the XC 720 Z, XC 610 Z and XC 540 Z are the premium models in the Altoz lineup. Delivering on four core principles in the development process – precision cut, productivity, toughness, and operator comfort – Altoz has crafted an advanced zero-turn mower that will captivate both commercial and residential consumers the moment they make their first cut.
The 2014 Altoz XC Z commercial line of zero-turn mowers are joined by the XC S, XP S, and XP Z line of Altoz mowers, and are manufactured in Greenbush, MN. They will be available in select U.S. markets beginning in the fall of 2013.
Key Altoz XC Z Features
- Available Deck Widths – 54 in., 61 in. and 72 in.
- Aero Deck High-Output System – Refined, deep-deck shape creates the optimal vacuum for maximum grass lift, with non-restrictive interior deck surfaces for optimal cutting uniformity, reduced clumping and efficient evacuation. The Aero Deck system also includes adjustable baffles, along with three standard mulching blades with 12 cutting edges and 18,500 FPM targeted tip internal speed deliver extra-fine mulching.
- Deck Lift and Cut Height – A push-button operated Parker electro-hydraulic lift offers easy cut height adjustments in 0.25 in. increments, from 1.5 to 5.0 in.
- Anti-Scalping – Anti-scalp wheels with adjustable heights are recessed within the deck to protect them and minimize scalping.
- High Speed Drive – 0 to 19 mph top speed.
- Maximum Engine Performance – Kawasaki FX Series 4-stroke engines in 27, 31, 35 and 37 horsepower outputs, the latter with DFI.
- Large Fuel Capacity – Dual 7-gallon tanks deliver 14-gallon capacity for extended operation.
- SmarTrac Monitoring System automatically provides reminders to perform maintenance at operational intervals of 100 and 400 hours with a four-function digital gauge (digital/analog RPM, resettable hour meter, hydraulic drive overheat alarm, low oil pressure alarm) and clock.
- Chassis – Durable C-Channel frame rails feature formed, laser-cut and welded 1/4 in. and 7-gauge steel construction for maximum strength and rigidity, with a low-profile front cutout for improved sight lines for the operator.
- Deck – Fabricated from multi-layered steel with thicknesses up to 0.314 in., the 72-, 61-, and 54-inch Aero Decks weigh 325, 275 and 255 lbs.
- Drive System – Twin Hydro-Gear Dual Range ZT-5400 Powertrain transmissions.
- Front Wheel Fork – Constructed from 3/8 in. thick steel.
- Wheel Bearings – Tapered roller bearings for extended life.
- Fork Castors –Heavy-duty 1-1/4 in. tapered roller bearings.
- Deck Spindles – Heat dissipating aluminum spindle housing with four sealed bearings per spindle. Extra large diameter steel spindle pulleys operate at lower temperatures for extended belt life.
- Clutch – Heavy-duty clutch with 250 ft-lbs of torque.
- Belt Idlers – Sealed bearing belt idler system.
- Electrical Connections – Delphi industrial watertight connectors.
- Exclusive Front Frame Viewport – Low profile design provides improved visibility and sight line.
- TorqFlex Front Suspension – An independent front suspension utilizing a rubber-dampened pivot design with 1 in. of travel.
- Vibration Isolation System (VIS) – A six-point rubber-mounting system that isolates the seat, footwell and steering control levers from vibration.
- Engine Isolation System (EIS) – A four-point rubber mounting system between the engine and chassis that isolates and absorbs engine vibration.
- Fully Adjustable Suspension Seat – Fully adjustable suspension seat features deluxe padding, with lumbar support and adjustability for operator weight, fore and aft tilt, and armrest height.
- 26 in. Rear Tires – The large-diameter 26 in. tires deliver increased impact-damping comfort at higher top speeds.
- 12V Accessory Outlet – Convenient, integrated 12V charging plug and device storage compartment.