Surface coatings specialist Carbodeon has released uDiamond Vox D, a PTFE/NanoDiamond coating with twice the durability and up to 66% less friction than current products.
- Offers potential to cost-effectively reduce CO2 output and fuel demand, as well as to improve equipment lifespan
- Composed of a liquid dispersion of 4 to 6 nm NanoDiamond particles with a surface chemistry that integrates the particles with PTFE molecules without the use of additional surfactants
- NanoDiamond particles are hardwearing, small, and offer very low surface friction
- Improvements in durability and friction are due to the properties of the NanoDiamond particles, as well as changes to the overall coating structure caused by the presence of the particles themselves
- Supplied as an aqueous- or solvent-based dispersion ready for direct mixing into a PTFE coating, followed by application by spray or screen printing with little or no change to the process parameters