Carbodeon has developed an additive for fluoropolymer coatings, based on its uDiamond NanoDiamond technology.
- Targeted for solvent-based coatings used across multiple industries including automotive, aerospace and industrial
- Doubles wear resistance of standard fluoropolymer coatings without making them abrasive, and maintains or improves existing low friction properties
- Consists of diamond particles smaller than 10 nanometres in size
- Features newly designed surface chemistry to suit fluoropolymer materials
- Surface chemistry enables particles to disperse into the coatings without becoming agglomerated, resulting in an extremely high diamond surface area that is often elusive in nano-formulations
- Additive is capable of working at very low concentrations, reducing its cost and making NanoDiamond applicable to a far greater market spectrum
- Particles are dispersed in a solvent which is compatible with all major solvent-borne fluoropolymer systems