Siemens Digital Industries Software announces the availability of the latest release of Simcenter STAR-CCM+, its multi-physics computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software.
- Features expanded capabilities for turbomachinery, delivering improved productivity and increased insight into performance for better engineering decisions
- Users can now open simulation files in read-only mode without consuming a license, giving users greater ability to check the set-up, make comparisons and leverage best practices across many simulations
- Surrogate Models in Design Manager allow engineers to predict the performance of thousands of variants either locally around the design of interest to analyze probability of failure, or globally across the design space to quickly create a database of performance results that can be leveraged by the simulation team
- Better able to model complexity of today’s products through electromagnetic simulations
- Electric Circuit Editor saves design time for all applications with electric circuits by allowing engineers to readily sketch sophisticated circuits with an easy-to-use and intuitive graphical interface
- Expands electromagnetic application coverage for electric machines with the introduction of a new excitation coil model, allowing the design of higher power density machines with closed coils such as those found in axial flux machines
- Features Amazon Web Services (AWS) High Performance Computing (HPC) Competency designation