John Deere Power Systems has introduced the PowerTech PWL 4.5L engine, which will meet Tier 4 Final/Stage IV emissions regulations without a diesel particulate filter (DPF).
- Offers power output of 63 to 104 kW (85 to 140 hp)
- Reduces cost and improves engine packaging by eliminating the DPF — while still meeting customer performance expectations for applications
- Features an Integrated Emissions Control system consisting of selective catalytic reduction (SCR), a diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) and cooled exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) technology
- Combustion system optimization and improvements in SCR system conversion efficiency enable elimination of DPF
- Diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) consumption will be 1 to 4% of diesel fuel consumption depending on the application
- Provides same or higher levels of power density and transient response as Tier 4 Interim/Stage IIIB product lineup