Founded in 1897 as a highly successful manufacturer of glass products sold throughout North America and Europe, Luxfer evolved as an enterprise through many products and markets over more than a century into The Luxfer Group, an international company with 16 manufacturing plants in the United Kingdom, United States, France, Czech Republic, Canada and China, as well as joint ventures in Japan and India.
The Luxfer Group’s current business is based on high-performance engineering materials, particularly aluminum, magnesium, zirconium and high-technology composites. The company’s operating divisions are world leaders in the manufacture of:
- High-pressure aluminum and composite gas cylinders by Luxfer Gas Cylinders;
- Advanced aluminum alloys;
- Advanced magnesium alloys, magnesium powders and other magnesium products;
- Zirconium chemicals and oxides and chemically-derived components of zirconium;
- Engineered components made from aluminum, magnesium, titanium and carbon composites.