PureVent from Alfa Laval is a disc stack separator that effectively removes oil and particles from crankcase gases up to 99.5%, while further reducing engine emissions.
- Utilizes high-speed centrifugal separation
- Crankcase gas enters at bottom of the separator, then passes through the stack of composite discs
- Centrifugal force presses the oil and soot out between the discs
- Results in virtually oil-free air which can be released into the atmosphere
- Two installation options: open design for diesel engines releasing oil-free crankcase gas directly into the atmosphere, or closed design for gas engines re-circulating clean gas to the turbocharger
- Eliminates costly filters and related disposal costs