Komatsu America Corp., a leading global heavy equipment manufacturer, has introduced the new WA600-8 Wheel Loader. Equipped with an EPA Tier 4 Final certified engine, this latest addition to the wheel loader family combines an enhanced lockup torque converter function and SmartLoader logic to achieve low fuel consumption and high travel speeds.
By optimizing control of engine power, and improving powertrain and hydraulic efficiency, the WA600-8 consumes up to 13% less fuel than its Tier 3 predecessor. Also, the standard bucket capacity increased to 9.2 yd3 and the bucket now fills easier, retains material better and provides better visibility, contributing to machine efficiency and productivity.
“With significant enhancements in production capacity and fuel economy, the WA600-8 is designed to maximize production efficiency in loading off-highway trucks or load-and carry applications,” says Rob McMahon, Product Manager for Komatsu America. “Full rear fenders with steps and handrails at both sides of the machine add convenience for daily inspections. And operators will appreciate enhancements in cab comfort and machine stability.”
Standard features of the new WA600-8 include:
Under The Hood/Performance Enhancements
- A powerful 23.15 l, 529 hp, EPA Tier 4 Final certified SAA6D170E-7 engine which uses up to 13% less fuel than its Tier 3 predecessor.
- Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter (KDPF) and other aftertreatment components that are designed in conjunction with the engine for efficiency and long life.
- More than 98% of KDPF regeneration is performed passively, with no action required of the operator and no interference with machine operation.
- Komatsu’s SmartLoader Logic, combined with the enhanced lockup torque converter that activates in second, third and fourth gear, provides optimal engine torque for improved acceleration, hill-climbing ability, a higher top speed and fuel savings.
- A new, air-suspension, high-back, heated seat softens machine vibrations for operator comfort and cast frame members increase strength.
- Seat-mounted electronic pilot control levers with F-N-R switch add operator ergonomic comfort and convenience.
- Pioneering KOMTRAX Plus telematics system and monitor provides key machine metrics, including KDPF status and DEF-level data, fuel consumption, plus performance information collected and sorted by operator ID.
- Komatsu Auto Idle Shutdown reduces idle time and saves fuel.
- Seven-inch, full color, high resolution monitor delivers a sharp picture and vivid colors, even in harsh light.
- Separate, full-color, rear-view monitor comes standard and improves line-of-sight.
- Variable Traction Control system and Modulated Clutch system provide optimal tractive effort for various ground conditions.
- Full rear fenders with stairs and handrails are now standard for both sides of the machine.
- Swing-out cooling fan with wider fin spacing and reversing fan eases cleaning.
- Sight gauge at DEF fill cap minimizes overfilling.
- Additional hinged panels at each side of machine eases access to regeneration components.
- New enhanced auto-dig function reduces operator effort required to fill the bucket.
- Komatsu integrated load meter data is available on the machine monitor and remotely via the web.
The WA600-8 and every other Komatsu Tier 4 Final construction-sized machine, whether rented, leased or purchased, is covered by the Komatsu CARE program for the first three years or 2,000 hours, whichever comes first. Komatsu CARE includes limited scheduled factory maintenance, a 50-point inspection at each service, and one complimentary Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter exchange in the first 5 years. With select labor, fluids and filters covered by Komatsu over this period, Komatsu CARE lowers ownership costs, raises resale value and improves equipment uptime and availability.