The Freightliner Trucks’ exhibit (Booth #4661) at the 2016 Work Truck Show (March 1-4, 2016) will showcase some of the industry’s leading and most productive vocational trucks and features.
“It’s important that we make it easy for our customers and truck equipment manufacturers (TEMs) to spec exactly what they need for their businesses,” says Mary Aufdemberg, Director of Product Marketing for Freightliner Trucks. “By offering a variety of options which emphasize quality, safety and uptime, we provide trucks that benefit their businesses.”
One of the newest solutions from Freightliner is an expansion of its All-Wheel Drive (AWD) offerings, featuring increased ratings for two of Freightliner’s toughest trucks, the 108SD and 114SD. With AWD ratings for the 108SD available in 18,000 lbs. and 20,000 lbs. front steer drive axle configurations and 20,000 lbs. and 23,000 lbs. configurations for the 114SD, these trucks can take on even tougher challenges without compromising performance.
The Freightliner exhibit will feature the new Detroit DD5 medium-duty engine. The proprietary engine will be available for orders in Q4 2016 in the Class 5/6 Freightliner M2 106. The exhibit will also celebrate the four new cities that were recently awarded with the Freightliner Trucks Hardest Working Cities designation – New York City, Charlotte, Edmonton and Seattle-Tacoma.
Freightliner products and options that will be on display at The Work Truck Show include:
- A 114SD Ox Bodies dump truck equipped with the Detroit DD13 engine and Freightliner’s best-in-class SmartPlex Electrical System
- A 108SD equipped with a Godwin Manufacturing dump body which has the flexibility to also work as a snow plow
- A 108SD featuring an Elliott Equipment Company E145 E-Line aerial device with an isolation jib
- An Altec Forestry M2 106 truck featuring a boom with a platform height to 63.3 ft. and a side reach to 46.4 ft.
- A 114SD CNG SwapLoader 400 Series heavy-duty roll-off truck equipped with the Cummins Westport ISX12 G heavy-duty natural gas engine
- An M2 106 featuring a Schwarze A7 TornadoTM heavy-duty, chassis mounted, regenerative air street sweeper with an 8.4 cubic yard hopper.