Shown is an animation of the test procedure developed by Hallite Seals Americas Inc. and the Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE). The test is used to determine how much dirt and dust enters a typical hydraulic system through the rod wiper.
The animation shows what happens at various points through the test:
- Oil is heated.
- Oil is pumped and fed beneath the rod wiper.
- Oil drains back to the reservoir.
- Dust moves at a high velocity inside the chamber, as air is forced in.
- The rod wiper cleans the rod.
- The particle counter detects dust particles.