Registration is now open for GIE+EXPO 2020. The annual industry gathering is set for October 21-23 at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville and online registration is available. Early bird registration is $20 through Sept. 10.
With expanded education on real-world topics such as drones, robotics and connectivity, as well as features that put attendees behind the controls, this year's show will offer a wide range of dynamic opportunities. In addition, more than 40 new exhibitors have already signed on to showcase their products.
New features will include:
- Hands-on Drone Zone - a 4,000-sq.-ft. netted area on the show floor where attendees can fly drones with expert trainers
- Technology Summit presented by the National Association of Landscape Professionals
- UTV Test Track for driving and comparing the latest vehicles on real terrain
- Remote Pilot Certification Course presented by the Indiana State University Aviation and Unmanned Systems Program
- Expanded In-Tree Arborist Demos and Classroom Courses, including CEU opportunities
- Free dealer workshops by Bob Clements International, including a roundtable discussion on Bulletproofing Your Business in a Post-COVID-19 World
"We fully expect our nation will soon turn a critical corner in dealing with this pandemic and be back in business. In the meantime, we are actively and responsibly moving forward with plans that include a robust education program and some exciting new hands-on opportunities for both landscape professionals and dealers while keeping attendee and exhibitor safety at the forefront," says Kris Kiser, Managing Partner of GIE+EXPO and OPEI President. "GIE+EXPO is a family reunion for the industry, and this year, we'll need that reconnection and reinvigoration of our businesses more than ever. We look forward to seeing everyone in Louisville this fall."
Opening Keynote - Admiral James Stavridis
This year's opening keynote, "The Secret to Being an Effective Leader," will feature Retired United States Navy 4-star Admiral James Stavridis. A distinguished leader and the longest-serving global combatant commander in recent American military history, Stavridis will provide answers and strategies to address the most pressing global affairs challenges. The keynote, included with trade show registration, is set for Wednesday, October 21, 2:00-3:00 PM. Sponsored by John Deere and the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute.
One-of-a-Kind, Hands-On Event
According to Warren Sellers, Show Manager, the opportunity for attendees to get behind the controls and test equipment makes GIE+EXPO a one-of-a-kind event. With the 20-acre demonstration area right outside the exhibit hall and an indoor arena with 70-ft. ceilings, the Kentucky Exposition Center is the ideal location to offer unique opportunities for industry members. Free parking at the facility will again be provided during the show.
GIE+EXPO is sponsored by the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute, Inc. (OPEI), Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS) and National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP).