Hundreds of off-road equipment industry professionals will gather at the Association of Equipment Manufacturers’ (AEM) product safety and compliance seminar in late April to sharpen their knowledge through expert-led sessions and invaluable peer networking.
Torbjörn Holmström, Senior Technology Advisor to the President of Volvo Trucks, will kick off the seminar sharing his experiences helping lead the industrial and technology renewal at Volvo Group, centered on autonomous vehicle technology and challenges.
The AEM Product Safety & Compliance Seminar will be held April 23-25, followed by the AEM Product Liability Seminar April 26, both in the Chicago O’Hare area (Lincolnshire Marriott, Lincolnshire, IL).
What past attendees have said about this one-of-a-kind program developed by and for agriculture and construction-related machinery makers:
- “There’s really nowhere else where you can get the wide variety of information that’s available here.”
- “Our company has saved money from just being here. …It’s worth it.”
- “In between sessions I was very impressed with the amount of networking that was occurring across OEMs.”
Volvo Keynote: Driving Safety Forward
In his keynote, Holmström will discuss his involvement with “Driving Safety Forward” at Volvo Group. He has served the company as chief technology officer and in leadership roles for trucks technology, engine product development, and Volvo 3P (product planning, purchasing and product development).
Block Chain Technology – Implications for Safety
The closing keynote: “Block Chain Technology - A Tool to Advance Product Safety & Compliance?” will explore potential uses and issues related to this technology’s role in providing secure, authenticated and verified transfers of information between manufacturers, suppliers and customers.
The AEM Product Safety & Compliance Seminar delivers 2 ½ days of content to meet the needs of beginning as well as experienced professionals, and includes:
- “Building a Product Safety Program” track will cover fundamentals and skills development, ideal for growing companies and first-time attendees.
- “Functional Safety of Machinery Electronics” program will explore the increasing dependence of off-road equipment on electronics control systems.
- More than 20 seminar sessions will examine the latest standards and regulations and proven industry best practices for product safety risk assessment and compliance.
- Networking roundtables will feature peer discussion on a variety of trending topics.
The AEM Product Safety & Compliance Seminar targets company management, product safety and quality managers, design engineers, technical writers, research and development personnel as well as training, service and communication professionals involved in product support.