This year promises to be filled with excitement and achievements as we [AEM] celebrate our 125th anniversary and move [into] the third and final year of our Strategic Plan forward.
AEM's 125th anniversary offers a unique opportunity for us at the association to not only reflect on past accomplishments and successes, but also to look to the future and work to build momentum for our industry. Our efforts to do so will be guided by a number of goals we've set for ourselves in 2019. In shaping our decisions throughout the year, these goals ultimately allow AEM to provide the best services and programs for our members.
This year's goals were established based on Key Results Areas (KRAs) from the Strategic Plan, as well as goals associated with financials, membership and services. They can be viewed below, so there’s no doubt about what our priorities are for serving you in 2019.
- Advocacy – Specific goals include advancing legislative and regulatory goals, expanding state and Canadian advocacy, as well as increasing member and public grassroots support and presenting the equipment manufacturing industry’s positions to elected officials through various association initiatives.
- Thought Leadership – Priorities include continually delivering thought-provoking information and solutions of value through AEM events, seminars and content, along with the continued growth and development of CONEXPO Connect.
- Customer Connections – Objectives include positioning CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020 for success, driving positive results for participation, satisfaction and engagement for other AEM and partner exhibitions, as well as expanding and enhancing the AEM Ag brand.
- Driving Data and Digital Direction – Specific goals include implementing a precision Ag data strategy and construction equipment data plan for equipment manufacturers, as well as continuing to focus on North America statistics, global statistics and market intelligence.
- Ag and CE Sector Leadership – Priorities include services and value, workforce development, utility direction and industry engagement.
- Membership and Financial/Operations – Areas of focus include membership metrics and engagement, the AEM Strategic Plan and the association’s 125th anniversary.
2019 also marks the launch of our new AEM logo. This logo represents a new era of how together we build momentum for equipment manufacturers and for society at large. We’re so proud of the work we do, and this new brand identity represents an energetic look at the next 125 years!
Please look for more news from us on our 125th anniversary, which we will be announcing publicly later this month and will be celebrating all year.
I’m also looking forward to seeing you at our events and activities this year. We have another exciting line-up for our seven Thinking Forward events, with the first one scheduled for Feb. 21 in Washington D.C. You can learn more and register to attend at www.aem.org/think. Another event not to be missed will be the AEM Annual Conference on Nov. 18-19 in Marco Island, FL.
The AEM staff is committed to its mission of providing the association’s members with quality service, expertise and support to promote our industry. We're already hard at work to help your business win in the marketplace in 2019 through our advocacy work, exhibitions, market intelligence, product groups, thought leadership, and more. And while the coming year promises to bring both challenges and opportunities for AEM, its members, and the industry as a whole, I can't wait to see what we will accomplish together.