Hitachi Construction Machinery – Americas introduced two key upgrades to its compact excavator line at CONEXPO-CON/AGG, which include a new model– the ZX30U-5 – and a new canopy option for the existing ZX60USB-5.
“These additions to our compact line give Hitachi owners and operators big time performance on all kinds of jobs,” says Mark Wall, Excavator Product Marketing Manager for Hitachi Construction Machinery – Americas. “By leveraging our excavator expertise and legacy of meeting demanding mining applications, we’re able to deliver an unmatched experience of efficiency, reliability and durability helping owners become Hitachi To The Core.
New ZX30U-5 model
The ZX30U-5 becomes the sixth compact excavator in the Hitachi lineup for the Americas and provides owners with the same efficiency, reliability and durability of the brand’s larger machines that continue to demonstrate value in the market.
The machine will be available in the United States, Canada and Latin America (excluding Brazil) starting in June 2017 and weighs in at 6,680-6,900 lbs.
“The new model will provide customers an alternative in the popular three- to four-metric ton size class of compact excavators,” says Wall.
The Hitachi ZX30U-5 provides owners with an increase in bucket force, arm force, net engine power and auxiliary hydraulic flow compared to the ZX26U-5. In addition, the ZX30U-5 is compatible with the same bucket size as the ZX26U-5 and the ZX27U-3, allowing customers to experience a better return on investment and higher utilization.
The new model will come equipped with all the standard features customers have come to expect from Hitachi excavators, including mechanical pattern changers, quick couplers and proportional auxiliary hydraulics plumbed to the end of the boom. Since the machine utilizes many common components to the ZX35U-5, parts tracking and maintenance are also simplified.
- Quiet, fuel-efficient EPA Tier 4 Final (T4F)/EU Stage IV Yanmar engine (23.3 hp) that requires no aftertreatment device. This means no diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) is needed.
- Manual wedge-style couplers enable quick attachment changes and the ability to use a wide variety of buckets and attachments.
- With an independent-swing boom and 360-degree rotation, the ZX30U-5 can work in tight spaces and is easy to load and transport between jobs.
- The ZX30U-5 is built for safe production with a rollover protective structure (ROPS)-certified canopy as well as a ROPS cab option.
- The heated and air-conditioned cab provides increased visibility with a larger front window and easier access from the three-inch door width increase.
New canopy option for ZX60USB-5
With a canopy option now available on Hitachi’s ZX60USB-5, all of Hitachi’s compact excavators now have a canopy option available to customers. This provides a cost-effective alternative to the cab and lets customers take advantage of lower ownership and operating costs.
“The new canopy option is an excellent alternative for those operators who like the enhanced visibility of a canopy as well as the open-air feeling,” says Wall. “By talking and listening to our owners, we’ve taken the ZX60USB-5 to a whole new level.”
The ZX60USB-5 is Hitachi’s largest compact excavator model, bridging the gap between the ZX50U-5 compact and the ZX75US-5 mid-sized excavators. It features a fuel-efficient and reliable engine that meets emission standards and numerous enhancements that make maintenance simpler, such as improved access to coolers.