Meritor, Inc. announces the launch of ProTec series 3000 front and rear all-wheel drive beam axles, Meritor Defense's first purpose-built solutions for Class 5 vehicle applications, such as tactical, fire, rescue and utility vehicles.
- Offers same level of confidence, performance and reliability as commercial chassis in vocational vehicles
- Meets demand for increased payload capacity, mobility and stability among Class 5 applications
- Features gross axle weight rating (GAWR) of up to 12,000 lbs.(5,443.1 kg) – a 4,500-lb. (2,041.2 kg) increase over factory OEM-provided equipment
- Pre-drilled and plumbed to accommodate a central tire inflation system
- Both front and rear axles are equipped with Meritor's bevel gear hub wheel-ends, currently in operation on the U.S. military's Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV) program vehicles
- Includes standard driver-controlled differential lock (DCDL) carriers to enhance mobility