Turntide Technologies (Turntide), developer of sustainability technologies, launched Turntide Electrification. This is a suite of battery and powertrain components designed to decarbonize commercial and industrial transport segments, including off-highway vehicles, autonomous guided vehicles, construction equipment, trucks and buses, marine vessels, and passenger rail.
While the electrification of consumer cars and trucks has received attention during the past decade, commercial and industrial vehicles are responsible for 55% of global carbon emissions within the transport sector, presenting an opportunity to impact carbon dioxide emissions significantly.
The component systems include:
- Hyperdrive battery system—Lithium-ion energy storage and management systems
- Inverters—High-efficiency inverters with scalable power ranges
- Motors—Stackable motor system with high power and torque density for space-limited applications
- Thermal cooling pumps and fans—Lightweight, high-efficiency components for use in all environments
- DCDC converters—High-capacity battery voltage to lower voltage for ancillary use