More than 150 exhibitors will showcase the newest technologies for sensors and sensors-related industries at the 2011 Sensors Expo & Conference, June 7 to 8 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL. The following is a sampling of the state-of-the-art measurement and monitoring devices for MEMS, Energy Harvesting, Mobile Sensing, Wireless Sensor Networking and more that will be on display Tuesday, June 7 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Wednesday, June 8 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Acuity, Incorporated (Booth 306A), a fabless provider of stable, high-performance MEMS pressure sensors, will release a next generation, very stable low-pressure sensor module with pressure ratings down to 2.5 mbar full-scale.
- AG (Booth 621) will present state-of-the art demos of their 3D Hall sensor family, as well as solutions in the areas of battery management, FlexRay and In-vehicle network.
- Baltic Networks USA (Booth 328) will showcase the new low- cost Maxxwave 3G broadband NEMA 4 indoor/outdoor router, featuring RouterOS.
- Bytewise Measurement Systems (Booth 515), a global leader in on-line profile measurement systems, will announce a 30% improvement in the measurement accuracy for the Profile360 On-Line Profile Measurement System.
- Camgian Microsystems (Booth 726) will introduce an operations (business) intelligence platform offering cost- effective monitoring and analysis of remote assets and operations.
- Electro Optical Components, Inc. (Booth 620) will bepromoting three products: 1.Inno-spec TurbidityEye Turbidity sensor 2. Intex INTX-22-1000 pulsable IR source and 3. Micro-Hybrid MEMS PZT pyroelectric detectors (2 pictures, PS2x200X picture & PS2x200X drawing.)
- HBM, Inc. (Booth 714) will showcase how MX1601 boosts QuantumX flexibility even higher. To ensure high flexibility in multi-channel applications with mainly active sensors or acceleration transducers, HBM will present the MX1601, a 16-channel amplifier that can work together with a large number of different sensors. HBM is also currently running a trade-in promotion for old Nicolet Sigma, Odyssey or Vision data acquisition systemsfor a significant discount on a new Genesis HighSpeed data acquisition system (or any other HBM product, including sensors).
- Hoffmann & Krippner (Booth 600) will introduce Moog QuieSense, a noiseless thin-film position sensor, which allows for exceptionally accurate and noiseless position sensing in space applications, with 0.1% linearity possible under vacuum conditions. Hoffmann & Krippner will also give away a $500 travel gift card. Attendees can leave a business card at booth #600 and the winner will be drawn on June 8 at 1:00 p.m.
- InCheck Technologies (Booth 627) will showcase the InCheck MEMS Accelerometer, which offers a number of advantages over traditional, piezo-electric accelerometers.
- Libelium (Booth 500) will announce the launch of OTA, a solution that lays the foundation for over-the-air programming for wireless sensor networks and the Internet of Things. This technology enables firmware upgrades of the sensor nodes without the need of physical access.
- MicroStrain (Booth 700) will introduce the MicroStrain Extended Range, Synchronized (mXRS) Wireless Sensing System combining breakthrough precision wireless time synchronization and enhanced system scalability accommodating thousands of wireless sensor nodes with extended range communication.
- North Pole Engineering (Booth 89) will promote its WiFi-IT! products, which include development tools and embedded WiFi modules that allow users the ability to easily produce smart, low-cost WiFi solutions for the products.
- PCB Piezotronics, Inc. (Booth 809) will present new ECHO Wireless Sensor Technology in a live presentation at the Technology Update Theater – Tuesday, June 7 at 2:00 p.m.
- SensorDynamics (Booth 615) will announce the new SD746 features wake-up on motion function. The 6 DoF IMU SD746, designed for motion measurement in consumer and industrial applications, now comes with a low current consumption sleep mode, allowing system wake-up by motion detection.
- Sensonor Technologies AS (Booth 717) will offer STIM202, a multi-axis, high-performance gyro module, enabling safety critical applications in the Industrial, Aerospace and Defense markets.
- Silicon Designs, Inc. (Booth 506) will display its low-cost 2260 series MEMS capacitive accelerometer modules. This series, nominated for a 2011 Best of Sensors Expo Award, is ideal for zero-to-medium frequency applications, offering high-drive, low-impedance buffering and integral amplification.
Sensors Expo & Conference will bring together over 4,000 engineers, scientists and industry professionals from around the world to see the latest innovations in sensor technology, learn about the most important sensing trends and network with industry leaders. This year’s event will be co-located with the Embedded Systems Conference (ESC) Chicago and feature a MEMS Pavilion, Energy Harvesting Pavilion, Technology Update Theater and the Best of Sensors Expo Awards presented by Sensors Magazine. Conference sessions will focus on today's most important sensing trends and technologies, including new tracks on Mobile Sensing and Cutting- Edge Technologies, as well as MEMS, Energy Harvesting, Wireless Sensor Networking and Novel Approaches to Measurement & Detection. Pre-Conference Symposia will feature MEMS Commercialization, Power Management and Sensor Selection.