SICK has launched the MAX30 linear encoder to accommodate smaller cylinders on smaller mobile machines.
- Provides absolute path measurement system for non-contact and fully integrated position measurement in hydraulic cylinders
- Delivers necessary data for condition monitoring and predictive maintenance
- Features 30 mm (1.2 in.) diameter housing size
- Withstands harsh operational and environmental conditions for accurate non-contact, absolute positioning sensing for mobile applications
- Works well in small mobile machines such as fork trucks, garbage trucks, or other vehicles smaller than a bulldozer
- Measured values and data open new possibilities for improving utilization and availability for automating and monitoring individual work processes of mobile machines
- Absolute path measurement system offers comprehensive and future-proof added value, both for manufacturers and operators of various equipment.
- Comprised of a magnetostrictive measurement element and permanent magnet integrated into the piston
- Measuring range extends from 50-2,500 mm (1.9-98.4 in.) with a measured value resolution of 0.1 mm (0.004 in.)
- Can be fully integrated, with no externally visible components that could suffer wear and tear or damage
- No modifications to existing cylinder construction are required
- Equipped with analog interface, as well as interfaces for CANopen, SAEJ1939, and PWM
- Offers standards-compliant immunity to electrical impulses in electrical systems as well as high level of load dump resistance when loading vehicle batteries
- Coupled electrical impulses do not prohibit functionality
- Meets EMC requirements for mobile machines