Graphicast Inc., a contract casting house, now offers design and rapid prototyping services to assist engineers in designing parts as castings from the start, maximizing as-cast features to shorten time-to-market and reduce the costs of development, machining, and production.
- The company will apply $1,000 worth of design and rapid prototyping services toward the cost of the part's graphite mold.
- Selecting the production method first, manufacturing capabilities and limitations can be taken into account from the very beginning of a project
- Will work with the customer to develop the most cost-effective casting solution for a part, incorporating draft, radii, cast surfaces, and near-net-shape geometry to eliminate or reduce secondary machining
- In cases where a metal prototype is required to test specific properties (such as thermal or electrical conductivity, EMI shielding, strength, or lubricity) or to test assembly fit or other mechanical specifications, Graphicast can produce a CNC-machined prototype from durable ZA-12
- Graphite molds can be modified quickly, allowing manufacturers a much higher degree of flexibility in debugging or improving products while still controlling costs
- Typical turnaround times - from finished CAD design to production samples - are 4 to 6 weeks