Deposition Sciences, Inc. (DSI), manufacturer of durable thin film optical coatings, offers extensive test and measurement capabilities for a wide array of highly specialized optical coatings for military and aerospace applications. DSI’s Special Products Group (SPG) participates at all levels of product development and quality testing capabilities include measurement of in-house produced materials as well as independent verification of external coated samples.
- Spectral measurement capabilities test spectral ranges from 0.190 microns to 50 microns
- Reflectance and transmittance tests range from near normal to 45 degrees
- Cryogenic measurements can be characterized from ambient to < 10 Kelvin
- Polarized measurements (S&P), hemispherical transmittance and reflectance tests measure from 0.190 microns to 2.5 microns.
- Environmental testing is performed to MIL-C-48497 and MIL-F-48616 standards
- Perform tests for humidity, salt fog, abrasion, temperature cycle, adhesion, solubility and cleanability
- Physical test and measurements available include flatness/reflected wavefront error, surface quality characterization (e.g. scratch/dig, scatter, etc.), surface resistivity, and dimensional verification