Caterpillar Inc. introduces the next generation of the Cat C9.3 ACERT industrial engine which is designed to meet U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final/EU Stage IV emission standards.
- Six cylinder, 9.3 liter platform
- Produces good power density with ratings from 300 to 400 hp (224 to 298 kW)
- Includes robust, fully-integrated Clean Emission Module (CEM) featuring a diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC), diesel particulate filter (DPF) and selective catalytic reduction (SCR) technology
- SCR technology reduces NOx
- Cat common rail fuel system and new aftertreatment technology improves fuel consumption by up to 4% compared to Tier 4 Interim/Stage IIIB model
- CEM simplifies OEM aftertreatment installation with a flexible design that allows mounting in horizontal or vertical configurations for easy transition from Tier 4 Interim to Tier 4 Final