Caterpillar introduces the Cat 3516E—a high-horsepower engine dual-certified for EU Stage V/U.S. EPA and CARB Tier 4 Final emissions regulations.
- 78-L V16 industrial engine
- Single continuous rating produces 2,100 hp (1,566 kW) at 1,650 rpm and 8,275 lb.-ft. torque (11,220 Nm) at 1,200 rpm
- Capable of being operated at maximum power and speed without interruption or load cycling thanks to its robust design and selection of heavy-duty componentry
- Uses dual-SCR-only aftertreatment to meet EU Stage V, U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, and California Air Regulations Board (CARB) requirements
- Requires diesel exhaust fluid, but provides 1.3% lower total cost of ownership due to advanced engine technology designed to improve overall fluid consumption
- Based on core 3516 series engine
- Designed to be reliable in range of harsh conditions and rough jobsites, suiting use in wide array of demanding applications