Shell Lubricants is introducing Shell Rotella T4 NG Plus 15W-40 heavy-duty engine oil which is specially formulated to provide hardworking protection under the full range of pressures and temperatures in mobile natural gas engines, as well as diesel and gasoline engines.
- Particularly relevant for waste haul trucks and buses operating with 100% compressed natural gas (CNG) and liquefied natural gas (LNG) fueled engines
- Specially formulated for use in natural gas-powered vehicles in order to manage their high heat and provide necessary engine protection
- Optimized balance of detergent and dispersancy provides good piston and engine cleanliness and ensures long and efficient operation
- Contains additives to control the deposit formulation in the combustion chamber to help prolong the life of valves and spark plugs
- Low ash formulation helps protect the exhaust catalysts and particulate filters found on the latest low emission vehicles
- Mixed fleets can benefit from using one oil for multiple engine type, thus minimizing maintenance complexity
- Specifications, approvals and recommendations include API CK-4, API SN, Cummins CES 20092 (replacing CES 20085 which becomes obsolete December 31, 2019), Cummins CES 20086, Detroit Diesel DFS 93K222, Mack EO-S 4.5 and Volvo VDS-4.5