Cummins Displaying Next Generation Engines at INTERMAT 2012

At INTERMAT 2012, Cummins will be showcasing its latest engine lineup with aftertreatment systems designed to meet Tier 4 Final/EU Stage IV regulations.

Cummins' QSB6.7 engine will be on display at INTERMAT 2012.
Cummins' QSB6.7 engine will be on display at INTERMAT 2012.
Cumminslo 10108212

At the INTERMAT construction industry show taking place in Paris April 16 to 21, Cummins Inc. will display a full line-up of 56 to 503 kW (75 to 675 hp) engines with next generation exhaust aftertreatment systems ready to move forward to meet EU Stage IV and EPA Tier 4 Final regulations, commencing January 1, 2014. 

The QSB6.7 MidRange engine and the QSX15 Heavy-Duty engine with near-zero emissions capability and improved fuel efficiency will be a key focus of attention for visitors to the Cummins booth MO27, Hall 5B.

The popular QSB6.7 engine is widely used for many types of construction equipment. The 6.7-liter engine achieves an impressive 231 kW (310 hp) peak power at 2200 rpm with ratings available down to 109 kW (146 hp). The QSB6.7 utilizes the Cummins Compact Catalyst-Selective Catalytic Reduction (CCC-SCR) aftertreatment system to meet Stage IV and Tier 4 Final in 2014.

Cummins heavy-duty power will be highlighted by the QSX15 at INTERMAT, rated up to 503 kW (675 hp) at 2100 rpm with a peak torque of almost 2800 Nm. The QSX15 offers high power capability for premium-performance machines operating in the toughest applications. The QSX15 aftertreatment system for Stage IV and Tier 4 Final near-zero emissions combines the Cummins Particulate Filter with Selective Catalytic Reduction (CPF-SCR).

“Cummins will be ready to meet the near-zero level of emission regulations with the most productive engine range we have ever had available for our construction equipment customers,” says Bryden Clewlow – Director, Cummins Off-Highway Sales Europe.

“While meeting stringent Stage IV emissions in the EU and Tier 4 Final in North America in 2014, our engines will set a very high performance benchmark for the industry. Cummins' ability to design, build and integrate our own exhaust aftertreatment systems provides the capability to fully optimize engine performance.”

“Our in-house technology expertise also extends to high-pressure common rail fuel systems, filtration systems, electronic controls and variable geometry turbocharging to provide a unique advantage in the engine industry,” adds Clewlow.

Improved Fuel Efficiency
For the Stage IIIB and Tier 4 Interim emissions levels introduced January 1, 2011, Cummins QSB6.7 and QSX15 engines proved capable of achieving up to 5% higher fuel efficiency compared to Tier 3, depending on machine optimisation.

By incorporating SCR into the aftertreatment for 2014 emissions, the 5% fuel saving can increase by an additional 3% to a total of 8%. The AdBlue diesel exhaust fluid dosing levels required for the functioning of the Cummins SCR system are minimised due to an enhanced mixing technique.

Cummins' manufactured aftertreatment system provides the rugged reliability to withstand the most extreme vibration and shock loads associated with construction equipment operation. This enhanced strengthening enables the aftertreatment system durability to be equal to that of the engine.

Latest