BorgWarner announces the first applications of its combined Smart IMS (integrated magnetic switch) plus integrated over crank protection (IOCP) on its Delco Remy 38MT+ and 39MT heavy-duty gear reduction starters.
- For use in both on- and off-highway commercial vehicles
- Reduces and prevents starter-related downtime for vehicle owners and operators
- Pairing Smart IMS and over crank protection technology reduces starter-related maintenance and protects starter from early-life failure
- IOCP is a built-in circuit breaker that protects against thermal damage by monitoring temperature and automatically resetting at a safe operating temperature as needed, while also eliminating wiring harnesses
- Smart IMS ensures the solenoid receives maximum available voltage by reducing voltage drop, and features six electronic functions that protect the starter from potential damage caused by operator or system errors
- Dual technologies deliver extra layers of protection across wide range of starting conditions by reducing damage due to excessive cranking, low battery voltage cranking issues, high circuit control resistance issues, solenoid prolonged power, pinion and ring gear teeth damage, and more
- Encompasses driver/system protection features, such as time-limited crank, running engine lockout and auto disengage at engine start