EquipmentWatch has named the winners of the 2017-2018 Lowest Cost of Ownership Awards. The announcement was made during the awards ceremony held during EquipmentWatch’s 1st annual customer conference, Traction.
The winners represent the models, within their respective equipment types, with the lowest 5-year total cost of ownership and were identified using proprietary EquipmentWatch Ownership Cost data. The Lowest Cost of Ownership Awards are the latest installment in the EquipmentWatch Awards program, joining the Highest Retained Value Awards.
“We’re excited to launch the Lowest Cost of Ownership Award, with the goal of helping equipment buyers objectively understand the best performing machines,” says Garrett Schemmel, Vice President, EquipmentWatch. “The LCO Award provides clarity to a critical question that owners of equipment have long wanted answered.”
Five-year total cost of ownership is calculated according to established Rental Rate Blue Book calculations and methodologies, leveraging EquipmentWatch’s industry-leading residual values and utilization benchmarking. These products provide detailed benchmarks and estimates spanning the economic life of over 17,000 models across the spectrum of heavy construction equipment.
Over 200 individuals attended Traction: The Data-Driven Heavy Equipment Conference in an intimate and fast-paced setting at Atlanta’s Loews Hotel. The conference hosts the largest gathering of thought leaders in the equipment industry, including equipment managers and contractors, OEMs, dealers, lenders and insurance carriers.
2017-2018 Lowest Cost of Ownership Winners
- Backhoes: Deere 310 Series
- Dozers, Large Track: Komatsu D85 Series
- Dozers, Small Track: Caterpillar D3 Series
- Drum Compactors: Sakai SV201 Series
- Excavators, Compact: JCB 8018 Series
- Excavators, Large Crawler: Case CX700 Series
- Excavators, Medium Crawler: Doosan DX300 Series
- Excavators, Small Crawler: Caterpillar 311 Series
- Loaders, Compact Track: Bobcat MT55 Series
- Skid Steer Loaders: Bobcat S70 Series
- Loaders, Large Wheel: Kawasaki 95 Series
- Loaders, Medium Wheel: Komatsu WA320 Series
- Loaders, Small Wheel: JCB 407 Series
- Motor Graders: Mauldin MG618 Series
- Rear Dumps: Deere 300 Series