Mark Woody, President of Palfinger North America (Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada), was installed as the 50th president of NTEA – The Association for the Work Truck Industry. Woody accepted this responsibility from immediate past president Shawn Jacobs, President and CEO of STS Trailer & Truck Equipment (Syracuse, NY) in Indianapolis, IN, at the President’s Breakfast and Annual Meeting held in conjunction with The Work Truck Show 2014. The Work Truck Show is North America’s largest work truck event.
“I look forward to filling this role and am driven to work hard to lead the NTEA during its 50th year of serving the work truck industry,” says Woody.
Woody has served the work truck industry for 20 years. He began his industry career at Palfinger North America, where he served as Director of Sales and Marketing from 1993 to 2001. He was then promoted to his current position as President.
Under Woody’s leadership, Palfinger North America employs more than 1,000 people throughout North and Latin America. Palfinger North America designs and manufactures a broad range of quality commercial truck equipment, including knuckle boom cranes, forestry/recycling cranes, truck bodies, liftgates, aerial lifts, cable hosts, hook-lifts, mechanic trucks and truck-mounted forklifts.
He is an active member of the Palfinger Global Executive Team and served as President of the Articulating Crane Council of North America, an NTEA affiliate division, from 2003 to 2005.
Also serving on the 2014-2015 Board are Executive Committee Members: First Vice President Jeffrey Messer, President of Messer Truck Equipment (Westbrook, ME); Second Vice President Matt Wilson, President of Switch-N-Go, AmeriDeck & Bucks Divisions of Deist Industries, Inc. (Hadley, PA); Third Vice President and Treasurer Adam Keane, General Manager of Allied Body Works, Inc. (Seattle, WA); and Secretary Steve Carey, Executive Director of NTEA.
Serving alongside Executive Committee members are:
- Todd Davis, Vice President of Phenix Enterprises, Inc. (Pomona, CA);
- Brian Glover, President/Owner of Tampa Crane & Body, Inc. (Tampa, FL);
- Gary Lindesmith, Sales & Operations for Lindco Equipment Sales, Inc. (Merrillville, IN);
- Bill Kohler, President of Kranz Automotive Body Co. (St. Louis, MO.);
- John Wartenbee, Vice President of Northern Truck Equipment Corp. (Sioux Falls, SD); and
- Terry Wieseler, General Manager of Truck Equipment, Inc. (Des Moines, IA)
- Ross L. Haith, Jr., President of Masterack Division, Leggett & Platt, CVP (Atlanta, GA); and
- Peter Miller, President of Pro-Tech Industries, Inc. (La Vergne, TN)
- Frank Cardile, Senior Vice President of ARI (Mount Laurel, NJ)
Lindesmith, Miller and Cardile were newly elected; all will serve three-year terms. The Associate Trustee position was added to the Board of Trustees during this election cycle.