*Editor's Note: This information was first published July 3, 2013, and updated September 8, 2021, with new information.
Continental has introduced the next generation of its surround view camera technology, the ProViu 360 2nd Generation Surround View System, which delivers a complete view of the vehicle’s exterior to operators.
- Uses four high-performance HD automotive cameras to cover every direction around the vehicle
- Creates a virtual bird’s eye view of the entire vehicle in real time
- Delivers full digital capability that gives drivers even sharper and higher quality images in HD resolution
- Enhanced HD resolution image is displayed in dynamic 3D views on a 10 in. (25.4 cm) HD touchscreen monitor for easy viewing by the driver
- Minimizes maneuvering risks and blind spots are no longer a worry as other road users or obstacles are detected at all times
- Cameras' fish-eye lenses, with an angle of more than 180 degrees and high resolution, sweep the sides, rear and front of vehicles in real time
- Electronic control unit merges the four camera images, which are automatically optimized for contrast and brightness, on a display in the cockpit, providing a virtual bird’s-eye view of the vehicle, including all blind spots
- Provides live, real time imagery, even from different perspectives
- Switches between 2D and 3D representation at the push of a button
- In 2D mode, driver’s view is focused on the immediate surroundings
- In 3D mode even more information from the surroundings, as well as other road users, is more easily recognizable
- Enables faster maneuvering as well as shortened loading and unloading times
- Suited for use in commercial vehicles, heavy-duty trucks, agricultural and construction equipment, buses, and recreational vehicles
*Be sure to click on the primary image at the top of the page for more images of the system.