EAO, manufacturer of human machine interfaces (HMIs), extended its Series 82 with an overmolded option and M12 connector. The new version is available for selected illuminated pushbuttons within Series 82 and has front and rear IP67 protection.
It is common to expose actuators and indicators to extremely harsh operating conditions. External factors such as hard-to-remove dirt, fine dust, and vibrations and blunt impacts common in heavy-duty and special vehicle applications also require HMIs to have a high level of resistance. The overmolded version of the Series 82 meets these requirements. The illuminated pushbuttons feature a housing made from SUS 316L stainless steel and a Tritan light guide resistant to cleaning agents. These design features protect against wear and ensure consistent clarity of both the dot and the ring illumination.
Features of the overmolded version are:
- Complete IP67 protection for illuminated pushbuttons
- Tritan light guide resistant to cleaning agents
- SUS 316L stainless steel housing
- High resistance to vibration and impact
- M12 connector
- 24 volts DC illuminated versions available with red, green, white or blue LEDs