Komatsu Europe announces the new HD465‐8 and HD605‐8 rigid dump trucks. These additions to the Komatsu rigid frame truck family combine increased engine power and the Komatsu Traction Control System (KTCS) for improved productivity. They feature payload capacities of 55 and 63 metric tonnes respectively and replace the HD465‐7 and HD605‐7 models.
Both new trucks feature a Komatsu SAA6D170E‐7 engine with its power increased to 578 kW (775 hp). This latest engine technology from Komatsu also reduces fuel consumption. The optional Komatsu Traction Control System (KTCS) automatically applies the brakes independently to achieve optimum traction in varying ground conditions. Because the system operates without the need for differential lock‐up, steering performance is not compromised.
“With the integration of the latest Komatsu engine technology, and increased power, the new HD465‐8 and HD605‐8 are designed to offer maximized productivity and low operation costs,” says Jeroen De Roeck, Product Manager at Komatsu Europe. “The new spacious and ergonomic operator cab, with fully adjustable, heated and ventilated operator seat, provides a first‐class comfortable work environment.”
The latest KOMTRAX telematics, and the Komatsu Care maintenance program, offer top fleet management and support, protect the machine against misuse and guarantee maximum efficiency and uptime.
Other new standard features for the two new trucks include a 7‐in. LCD color monitor, a dedicated rear‐view monitor, fast‐fill fuel system, an engine compartment light, and a premium heated and ventilated operator’s seat with air suspension. Front access is improved with sloped stairs and handrails, in place of the previous ladder configuration.
￼￼￼￼￼￼Standard features of the new HD465‐8 AND HD605‐8
Komatsu Engine Technology
- The powerful SAA6D170E‐7 engine provides 578 kW (775 hp).
- The hydraulically actuated Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) and Variable Geometry Turbocharger (VGT) ensure precise operation and quick engine response.
- Maintenance of engines is simplified with enhanced monitor panel capability and service features.
- KOMTRAX and the monitor panel provide critical information for easy monitoring and key data for production management.
- Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter (KDPF) and other aftertreatment components are designed in conjunction with the engine for efficiency and long life.
- Automatic KDPF regeneration is performed passively, with no action required of the operator and no interference with machine operation.
- No Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system is required for these models.
New In‐Cab Enhancements/Features
- New, air‐suspension, high‐back, ventilated and heated seat softens machine vibrations for operator comfort and cast frame members increase strength.
- 7‐in., full color, high resolution monitor delivers a sharp picture and vivid colours, even in harsh light.
- Komatsu Auto Idle Shutdown can reduce idle time and save fuel.
- Separate, full color, rear‐view monitor with improved line‐of‐sight.
- Pioneering KOMTRAX Plus telematics system and monitor provides key machine metrics, including KDPF status, fuel consumption, plus performance information collected and sorted by operator ID.
- Auxiliary jack and two 12V ports.
- Angled front access stairs with handrails are now standard for both sides of the machine.
- Komatsu Advanced Transmission with Optimum Modulation Control System (K‐ATOMiCS) adjusts shifting performance per demand for a more comfortable ride and reduced material spillage.
- Integrated and highly responsive retarder with big retarder absorbing capacity.
- Automatic Retard Speed Control (ARSC) automatically maintains a selected downhill travel speed (rather than engine RPM) that is appropriate for the grade.
- Komatsu integrated payload meter (PLM) data is available on the machine monitor and remotely via the web.
- Tight turning radius with MacPherson strut front suspension.
- Hydropneumatic suspension system for a smooth ride.