KTR has developed an all-purpose coupling for use in a broad range of applications from main to auxiliary drives in construction equipment and general industry, the EVOLASTIC.
- Zero-backlash and torsionally soft
- Available in 10 base sizes and with variants in between covering nominal torques from 100-5,600 Nm (73.8-4130.3 ft.-lb.)
- Spacers for large DBSE (distance between shaft ends) applications are also available
- New, non-shear elastomer element transmits torque through integrated aluminum jaw inside optimized rubber profile
- Elastomer is securely fastened to hub and flange by radial and axial bolts which creates a designed prestress (similar to high strength concrete) that assures reliable torque transmission
- Low maintenance requirements
- Compensates for permanent angular misalignments of up to 3 degrees in a single plane while being able to accommodate significantly higher multi-plane misalignments than standard designs