NuSil Technology LLC presents R-2183, a low-viscosity silicone elastomer dispersed in xylene. The tough, optically clear material is a two-part, addition cure silicone dispersion with a 1:1 mix ratio for ease of use.
- Retains elasticity at extremely low temperatures, as well as resists breakdown at elevated temperatures up to 300 C
- Can be sprayed, knife coated, or spin cast to create a versatile, flexible coating with excellent physical properties
- Exhibits tear strength of 175 ppi (30.9 kN/m), tensile strength of 1,550 psi (10.7 MPa), and elongation of 800%
- Well suited for use as an encapsulant
- Can be heat cured into a thin elastomeric film
- Features broad operating temperature range of -140 C (-220 F) to 300 C (572 F), making it good for coating in engineering applications involving extreme heat or cold