Livonia, MI 48150
Applied Process is the leader in Austempering – a high performance heat treatment for iron and steel improving toughness, wear resistance and fatigue strength as well as boosting product performance and reducing manufacturing costs.
Established in 1963, Applied Process has become the world leader in Austempering technology. We provide a product that is tougher, stronger and more wear resistant. Our iron and steel is lighter, quieter and a more energy efficient choice. We specialize in a wide range of Austempering processes:
- Austempered Ductile Iron (ADI) – a high strength-to-weight material that is an economical choice.
- Carbidic Austempered Ductile Iron (CADI) – a treatment using a matrix of ausferrite and carbides to addstrength and wear resistance.
- Austempered Steel – a tough, high-strength component that resists embrittlement.
- Carbo-Austempered™ Steel – a high carbon bainitic case with either a bainitic or tempered martensitic core for a component that combines strength and toughness.
- Austempered Gray Iron (AGI) – offers excellent dampening effects, strength and wear resistance.?
For more information on Applied Process, visit www.appliedprocess.com.