The nominations for the bauma Innovation Award 2016 have now been made. Klaus Dittrich, Chairman & CEO of Messe München, announced the 15 nominated companies and their innovations on the occasion of the bauma Media Dialog on January 19, 2016 in Munich. The winners will be honored on the evening before bauma starts, in a ceremony at the Allerheiligen Hofkirche (Court Church of All Saints) in the Munich Residenz. bauma opens its doors from April 11 to 17, at the Messe München exhibition center.
The Innovation Award is presented in five categories: Machinery; Components; Construction Process/Construction Work; Research; and Design. In total, 118 applications were received from Germany and abroad. The jury has now selected three new developments in each category to go forward to the final round. All of the nominated innovations offer significant practical benefit and economic potential, they are sustainable and they make a contribution towards energy and resource efficiency and/or towards the humanization of the workplace.
The trade journalists attending the bauma Media Dialog will be asked to participate in the judging by voting for their favorites. The nominated companies for the bauma Innovation Award 2016 are as follows:
Category 1: Machinery
- The Kramer 5055e, Kramer-Werke GmbH
- Autonomous Vibratory Plate, Ammann Schweiz AG
- Mobile Battery Mold, Weckenmann Anlagentechnik GmbH & Co KG
Category 2: Components
- SONO Water-Cement Analyzer, Imko GmbH
- Intelligent Crane Fiber Rope, Teufelberger Seil GmbH
- Liebherr Energy Storage, Liebherr Components Biberach GmbH
Category 3: Construction Process/Construction Work
- Reinforcement of a steel bridge, Leonhard Weiss GmbH Co KG
- Pipe-laying equipment RVG 1.0, Harald Gollwitzer Spezialtiefbau GmbH
- Building (yard) logistics 4.0 for SMEs, Johann Augel Bauunternehmung GmbH
Category 4: Research
- Concrete-3D-Printing Technology, TU Dresden, Dept. of Construction Machinery Technology
- STEAM Hybrid Excavator, RWTH Aachen in cooperation with Volvo CE
- MIDOS for offshore foundations, Bauer Maschinen GmbH in cooperation with the University College of Dublin
Category 5: Design
- Concept Cab - The Future Genius, TU Dresden
- Mecalac MWR, Mecalac France
- Triple-Boom System, Tadano Faun GmbH
The Innovation Award is being presented in 2016 for the 11th time. The competition is a joint project held under the auspices of the German Enineering Federation (VDMA - Verband Deutscher Maschinen- und Anlagenbau), the German Construction Industry Association (HDB – Hauptverband der Deutschen Bauindustrie e.V.), the Central Association of the German Construction Industry (ZDB – Zentralverband des deutschen Baugewerbes e.V.), the German Building Materials Association (BBS - Bundesverband Baustoffe - Steine und Erden e.V.) and bauma.