For the first time in North America, SDLG will exhibit its new range of Tier 4 Final wheel loaders at the 2016 APWA Snow Conference. The event takes place May 22-25 at the Connecticut Convention Center in Hartford, CT, and is hosted by the American Public Works Association.
Tyler Equipment, based out of East Longmeadow, MA, will be SDLG’s regional partner for the show. The company began selling the brand’s wheel loaders last winter, specifically with the snow removal sector in mind. Key executives from SDLG will also attend the event to debut the loaders, and field questions from customers and the press.
Since launching in North America nearly three years ago, SDLG has found the snow removal sector to be an ideal market for its wheel loaders. Several municipalities and state governments are using the machines for the application, including several in Canada and the United States. Notably, the New Jersey Department of Transportation used eight SDLG wheel loaders last winter in its cleanup of Winter Storm Jonas.
The brand’s wheel loaders are finding success in the sector for several key reasons:
- SDLG has lower investment costs than premium wheel loaders
- Snow removal is often a seasonal/low-hour application that doesn’t require premium features
- SDLG loaders offer a better value proposition when compared with used premium loaders
- The machines are ideal when working with salt and other corrosives, as they don't feature expensive electronic and computerized features
- As one of the world’s top sellers, SDLG wheel loaders have proven themselves highly reliable in the field
- Extended warranty contracts are available that back the machine
- The machines are available for purchase or rent through the HGAC and NJPA government buying programs
“SDLG wheel loaders have proven to be an ideal fit for the snow removal industry, so the 2016 APWA Snow Conference provides the perfect opportunity to debut our new Tier 4 Final wheel loaders to the region,” says Al Quinn, Director of SDLG North America. “Snow removal doesn’t require the most cutting-edge technology, but it does need well-made machines that are reliable.”
SDLG will roll out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders across North America beginning this spring. The new machines are upgraded to meet emissions regulations standards in the U.S. and Canada. All four models that are currently for sale in the region are being replaced with a Tier 4 Final version.
The 2.5 yd³ capacity LG938L and the 3.0 yd³ capacity LG948L will be replaced with the new Tier 4 Final loaders beginning June 2016 (with the L938F and L948F, respectively), while the larger models, the 4.0 yd³ capacity LG958 and LG959, will be replaced later this year by the L958F and L959F in the US. In Canada, the rollout of the L958F and L959F will occur over a longer timetable, with the larger loaders being replaced with the new models by late 2017.
Along with the new Tier 4 Final engines, several additional enhancements have been made to the wheel loaders, all based on customer feedback in North America.
These improvements include:
- A new, branded SDLG SD60 engine, manufactured by Deutz-Germany, for improved performance and serviceability
- Passive regeneration of the engine to improve operator performance
- Cab enhancements, such as no threshold on loader doors and improvements that reduce noise levels by half compared to the prior series
- Improved serviceability to the engine compartment via new compartment door
- Chrome coupler pins for better engagement and disengagement of the quick coupler
- New joystick control with forward, neutral and reverse directions on the joystick; first gear kickdown on trigger finger
- Improved heating and air conditioning controls
- Guarding on underside of front and rear frames
“Our new Tier 4 Final wheel loaders are a great option for the snow removal sector—not only because they are reliable tools that can get the job done, but because they make good business sense,” Quinn explains. “With their low investment cost, extended warranties and lack of premium features that could be damaged, SDLG wheel loaders provide their owners a lucrative return on their investments.”