CLEARLOK MAX Topcoat from Birchwood Technologies is a water-based blend of acrylic polymers that forms a scuff resistant clear coat finish on all metal surfaces.
- Densely packed polymer structure forms tightly adherent barrier against corrosion while enhancing beauty and durability of surface
- Works well for black oxide or other surface coatings such as phosphates and antique finishes
- Applies directly to clean or shot-blasted metal surfaces such as bare steel, aluminum, nickel and zinc plating
- pH neutral and non-hazardous and safe to apply without ventilation
- Dries at 70 to 130 F, achieving a nominal film thickness of about .002 in.
- Achieves full hardness after 24 hours
- Minimum humidity resistance is 400 hours (ASTM D1748), depending on film thickness
- Sealing with DRI TOUCH Rust Inhibitor provides extra corrosion resistance
- Applications include all types of hand tools, machine components, power transmission components, pumps, valves and oilfield equipment