Briggs & Stratton Commercial Power announces the addition of four new Vanguard single-cylinder engines with gross horsepower ratings ranging from 5.5 hp to 10.0 hp.
- Introduces TransportGuard system, an integrated switch that simultaneously shuts off the ignition, fuel, solving oil dilution issues caused by transportation
- Air filter is water-repellant and protected by a full metal cage
- Large, efficient sediment filter; sediment drains through convenient, “no-tools” valve
- Commercial-style carburetor includes additional fuel passages
- Deep ribs on the cylinder head add strength, increase cooling
- Combustion chamber improves air and fuel flow, resulting in a cleaner burn, reduced emissions and increased horsepower
- Forged crankshaft with dual ball bearings minimizes friction, heat build-up