Cummins Inc. announces the introduction of the QSF3.8 engine with a power range extending from 85 to 132 hp (63 to 98 kW) ready to meet EPA Tier 4 Final and EU Stage IV near-zero emissions standards.
- Features four-cylinder, 3.8-liter platform with full-authority electronic controls and High Pressure Common Rail (HPCR) fuel system
- Includes fully integrated air-intake to exhaust aftertreatment system supplied as a drop-in installation
- Utilizes Cooled Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) and the latest Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology without the need for a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)
- Combines performance attributes of compact, highly economic engine with durability larger engines
- Achieves fuel efficiency similar to that of the 3.3-liter engine
- Provides peak torque of 360 lb-ft (488 Nm)