Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. (MHI) has announced its D04CJ Tier 4 engine model will begin production in 2013.
- Features four-cylinder design
- Produces maximum output of 44 kW (59 hp) and maximum torque of 210 Nm at 1,800 rpm
- Provides power density of 0.27 kW/L
- Optimized common rail system with a diesel particulate filter (DPF) and diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) enables Tier 4 compliance
- Offers compact design without sacrificing power, while also lowering fuel consumption
- Fuel efficiency is 16% better than previous engines
- High-performance turbochargers combine with optimized common rail system to achieve 50% increase in output compared with previous Tier 3 engines