As the industry moves to accommodate the new Tier 4 requirements, Mahindra USA responds with a solution that puts the customer first, mCRD (Mahindra Common Rail Diesel). The emissions standards impact all tractor manufacturers and several solutions have been implemented to meet the stringent new requirements. Mahindra looked at the issue from the consumer end and developed a completely new reduced-emissions output solution that saves customers time, fuel and money.
Mahindra accepted the challenge to meet the mandated change requiring Tier 4 compliance for all new tractor models with a simple “eco-friendly” solution. Mahindra customers benefit from a turnkey solution that does not use a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF). A DPF requires constant maintenance or it will collect soot and ash causing damage or reduced performance, resulting in unwanted repair costs and unscheduled downtime. The new Mahindra mCRD Tier 4 engine provides a simple solution and meets the new Tier 4 emissions standards.
“Mahindra invested $30 million to design and engineer the mCRD technology for its Tier 4 engines to create a solution that makes it easier for customers to comply with the new regulations while delivering the value expected from the Mahindra brand,” says Cleo Franklin, Mahindra USA’s Vice President of Marketing and Strategic Planning. “Mahindra’s commitment to our customer-first strategy will continue to drive product development.”
Mahindra’s Tier 4 compliant mCRD technology features include:
- high pressure fuel injection engine greatly reducing visible engine smoke,
- multiple injection points for fuel efficiency with greener emissions including a reduction in NOx and Particulate Matter (PM),
- reduces gas emissions by over 360 tons per year,
- diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) aftertreatment system that does not require regeneration, and
- high-efficiency positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) technology to capture and clean gases from the combustion chamber before releasing them into the environment.