Jacobs Vehicle Systems has introduced its Fulcrum Bridge technology to the off-highway market.
- Eliminates need to periodically adjust engine’s lash settings, reducing inconvenience and total cost of ownership
- Make conventional engine braking compatible with lashless technology
- Removes traditional need to set and adjust mechanical clearance in valve train between valve and camshaft, known as lash, by employing Hydraulic Lash Adjusters (HLA)
- Hydraulic lash adjustment allows for more consistent valve motions throughout all engine operating conditions and wear over engine lifetime, enhancing engine performance and fuel economy
- Applies reactive load to HLA during engine braking event to prevent over-extension which can cause valve-to-piston contact once engine braking is turned off
- Lash setting is good for the life of the engine