The IMI Norgren 2-way solenoid valves from IMI Precision Engineering are designed to prevent water hammer (also known as hydraulic shock) which occurs when a valve closes and fluid in motion is forced to stop suddenly. This often results in knocking noise, as well as the potential for pressure spikes that can damage gauges, floats and fittings, and even burst hoses and pipes.
- Proprietary internal design enables smooth and gentle valve closure
- Prevents large pressure spikes while still maintaining closing speed
- Reduces water hammer by up to 80% compared with similar solenoid valves, eliminating need for costly remedial measures
- Available models include IMI Norgren 82410 supplied in brass and IMI Norgren 82740 in 316 stainless steel for more aggressive operating environments
- Easily installed in new equipment or as replacements to upgrade existing systems
- For use in any application where water/fluid flow starts and stops