Digi International's line of XBee and XBee-PRO ZB embedded ZigBee modules based on the Ember EM357 System on Chip (SoC) add Surface Mount Technology (SMT) and Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) to the product family. The addition of .
- SMT modules work for high-volume applications in the energy and controls markets
- SPI provides high-speed throughput and optimizes integration with embedded micro controllers
- Features ZigBee Smart Energy-ready firmware for supporting the implementation of each of the eight devices defined in the ZigBee Smart Energy public application profile
- Works with metering devices, load controllers, in-home displays and other ZigBee Smart Energy devices
- SMT modules backwards compatible with existing hardware and software
- Available in a variety of protocols for different applications
- Couples with ConnectPort X gateway for use with iDigi Platform to easily integrate XBee ZigBee endpoints into systems