Show owner and producer Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) earned three best-in-class Grand Awards in addition to its Grand Award for largest show overall:
- Best Use of Data Analysis and Marketing Genius for CONEXPO-CON/AGG
- Knowledge is Power for ICUEE-The Demo Expo
Trade Show Executive (TSE) magazine compiles the Gold 100 rankings based on exhibit space size and also presents awards in several exhibition categories.
AEM Goal: Make the Next Shows Even Better
In announcing the awards, TSE cited CONEXPO-CON/AGG’s new Tech Experience for bringing “high tech construction innovators to the show floor,” and ICUEE’s “ample opportunities for test-drives as well as interactive product demonstrations.”
“These awards are a tremendous honor that reflect the hard work, dedication and innovative focus of everyone involved in producing AEM exhibitions; our success would also not be possible without the support of our members and the industry,” says Megan Tanel, Senior Vice President Exhibitions and Events. “Look for more enhancements that will continue to deliver outstanding and measurable business value to exhibitors, attendees and all show participants.”
CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2017 spanned more than 2.66 million net sq. ft. of exhibit space; ICUEE 2017 exhibits covered nearly 1.24 million net sq. ft.
The next edition of the shows will take place:
- 2019 ICUEE-The Demo Expo Oct. 1-3 in Louisville, KY
- 2020 CONEXPO-CON/AGG March 10-14 in Las Vegas
Awards Recognize Creativity, Strategic Focus
TSE’s Gold 100 Grand Awards recognized AEM in three areas in addition to size:
- Comprehensive CONEXPO-CON/AGG marketing campaign: a variety of tactics, including an interactive 360-degree virtual reality tour of the show, invited attendees to “imagine what’s next” for the construction industries
- Expanded CONEXPO-CON/AGG data analysis: the show provided beacon-tracking technology that gave exhibitors real-time lead generation to better connect with customers and offered improved show ROI metrics for both attendees and exhibitors
- New ICUEE-The Demo Expo knowledge-sharing programs: Field Classroom sessions illustrated best practices using show floor examples; a special program tackled disaster preparedness with a former FEMA advisor and industry panel sharing first-person experiences
CONEXPO-CON/AGG is the international gathering place every 3 years for the construction industries. The biennial ICUEE, also known as the International Construction & Utility Equipment Exposition, focuses on utility professionals and construction contractors.