Component manufacturers are continually developing new products and further enhancing their offerings to provide OEMs with solutions that will best fit their equipment designs and end use customer needs.
Each week we’ll provide an overview of the latest components which have entered the heavy-duty mobile equipment market to help you find the products you need for your machine designs.
And be sure to check out our Component Directory for even more products. There you can also search by component categories and type.
Prestolite Leece-Neville PowerPro Extreme 12 Starter with iRelay Technology
Prestolite designed the iRelay (intelligent relay) technology for the Leece-Neville Pro Extreme 12 starters to provide programmable protection features as well as protection against early life failures caused by cranking issues, pinion, and ring gear tooth abutments.
“This new capability builds on our commitment to ensure our reliable starters are further protected from premature failure while increasing reliability and performance on the job site, particularly in extreme operating conditions like construction and mining,” said Jonathan Smith, assistant director of sales and marketing, Prestolite, in the company’s press release announcing the addition of the new iRelay technology.
Features of the PowerPro Extreme 12 Starter with iRelay Technology include:
- Increases reliability and performance on the job site, particularly in extreme operating conditions like construction and mining
- Standard SW030 starter control relay with added electronic module provides programmable “intelligent” protection using small microprocessors
- For dual or triple starter applications found commonly on generators, mining equipment and more
tmax Pressure Compensation and Pressure Overload Valve for Lithium-Ion Battery Housings
tmax introduces the pressure compensation and pressure overload valve (PCO) for lithium-ion battery housings. This valve provides increased fire protection inside lithium-ion battery housings and controls release of flue gasses.
Per the company’s press release about the PCO, the implemented design principle ensures a very low tolerance of the individually designed burst pressure (starting at 250 mbar). The PCO valve also features a compact design and complies with the protection class IP67 and IP6k9k.
Features of the pressure compensation and pressure overload valve for lithium-ion battery housings include:
- Metallic design ensures optimal EMC shielding and enables an optional connection for routed smoke degassing via a connected duct system
- Use of a semi-permeable membrane compensates for the natural heat expansion during the charging and discharging of the battery and the air pressure fluctuations in the environments
- Parameters of the airflow and burst pressure can be easily scaled by adjusting the geometry
EAO Series 09 Universal Switch for Vehicle Interior Controls
EAO introduces the Universal Switch for vehicle interior controls to the series 09 product line. This universal switch is available with firm- or soft-click feedback and enables up to 12 switches to be installed in a standard DIN ISO 7736 radio slot.
“Our new Universal Switches can be marked with red or white ISO 7000, or customized symbols, the orientation of which can be changed to suit the mounting direction. And to facilitate easy identification of the switch function in low-light conditions the status indicator windows are available illuminated with a choice of one or three independent LEDs,” said Robert Davies, Marketing Manager with EAO Ltd, in the company’s press release announcing the launch of the universal switch.
Features of the Series 09 Universal Switch for Vehicle Interior Controls include:
- Multiple Universal Switches can be combined to create an almost unlimited range of operational functionalities to suit specific application needs
- Ergonomic, modular automotive design
- Status indicator windows are available illuminated with a choice of one or three independent LEDs for easy identification of the switch function in low-light conditions
Stoneridge-Orlaco ELED Digital Ethernet Monitor
Stoneridge-Orlaco launched a 7-in. (17.8 cm) ELED digital Ethernet monitor compatible with the company’s digital Ethernet cameras and radar. This monitor is designed to be shock and vibration resistant and protects against water jets (IP65). According to the company’s press release about the ELED monitor, it will be offered in four versions and is available with Fast Ethernet and with Automotive Ethernet BroadR-Reach. All versions have a built-in QuadView system, allowing up to four different cameras to be displayed at the same time.
Features of the ELED Digital Ethernet monitor include:
- SRD versions supports easy integration of radar, making it possible to combine the HD monitor with Stoneridge-Orlaco’s RadarEye active detection system
- Can be used in conjunction with an EMOS camera such as Digital RearView, Digital FrontView and Digital SideView
- Compact design aids use for vision solutions on construction machinery, cranes, trucks, buses, and forklifts
- Offers a high resolution that delivers razor-sharp images, providing operators with an optimum view of their working environment