Component manufacturers are continually developing new products and further enhancing their offerings to provide OEMs with solutions that will best fit their equipment designs and end use customer needs.
Each week we’ll provide an overview of the latest components which have entered the heavy-duty mobile equipment market to help you find the products you need for your machine designs.
And be sure to check out our Component Directory for even more products. There you can also search by component categories and type.
Vertex 3D Visualization Platform
Vertex Software was awarded a U.S. Patent for its platform which enables 3D object visualization and manipulation across several devices. Known as the Vertex 3D Visualization Platform, it is capable of rendering 100% of 3D data in the cloud and create an interactive digital twin which users can access from any device. This helps to speed up the design process for engineering teams.
“We have solved a longstanding problem in our industry that no other company has been able to address in decades, and we did so by thinking differently and building something nobody thought possible. To have our creativity recognized by the USPTO (U.S. Patent and Trademark Office) is a source of pride for the entire Vertex team and should be very comforting for our customers, partners, and investors," said Dan Murray, founder and CEO of Vertex, in the company’s press release announcing the patent for its 3D visualization platform.
Features of the Vertex 3D Visualization Platform include:
- Enables 3D-powered digital twins and interactive visualization of 3D models at scale
- Remote 3D rendering is based upon the subdivision of 3D models, spatial indexing of geometric primitives, and a scalable fan-out/fan-in architectural computing pattern
- Runs on CPUs, making it a more cost-effective approach for remote 3D rendering
Learn more about the Vertex 3D Visualization Platform
Continental CompactMaster AG Telehandler and SkidSteer-Loader Tire
Continental has launched the CompactMaster AG telehandler and skidsteer-loader tire. This tire is designed with a Turtle Shield tread layer and twisted steel belt that helps prevent cuts and damage.
The new telehandler and skid steer tire can reach operating speeds up to 50 km/h (31.07 mph), enabling machine operators to quickly travel across job sites or on roadways. “This level of tolerance is an indication of the strength and flexibility of the tire. The twisted steel belt provides a robust yet flexible tire that can run at higher pressures on the road to enhance fuel efficiency, and lower pressures in the yard or field when carrying heavy loads,” said Benjamin Hübner, Product Line Manager Agricultural Tires at Continental Commercial Specialty Tires, in the company’s press release about the CompactMaster AG tires.
Features of the Continental CompactMaster AG tire include:
- Lug design provides 5% more surface area compared to standard agricultural tire pattern
- Twisted steel belt construction makes tire stiffer which provides greater stability, particularly beneficial when making lateral turns
- Land-sea (L/S) ratio of 30% which means a larger portion of the tire stays in contact with the ground, which is important for traction in wet and slippery conditions
Learn more about the Continental CompactMaster AG Telehandler and SkidSteer Loader Tire
J.W. Speaker Mosaic Modular Lighting System
J.W. Speaker announced the release of the Mosaic Modular Lighting System which provides OEMs the ability to create cost-efficient customized vehicle lighting designs. The modularity of this lighting system allows OEMs to choose the lighting components which will best meet their vehicle and equipment needs without adding extra design or manufacturing time to their development process.
“This is a new concept for our industry, but at its most basic level, designers can take these proven, high-quality lights that have already received regulatory approval and configure their own designs. To experience building a custom, modular lighting solution, we’ve also launched a visualization tool on our website. This tool uses interactive models to better visualize Mosaic placements for different types of vehicles,” said Tim Speaker, CEO at J.W. Speaker, in the company’s press release about the lighting system.
Features of the J.W. Speaker Mosaic Modular Lighting System include:
- Can be direct mounted on vehicles in a wide range of configurations to avoid tooling costs entirely
- Includes all necessary regulatory approvals
- Online visualization tool uses interactive models to better visualize Mosaic placements for different types of vehicles
Learn more about J.W. Speaker Mosaic Modular Lighting System
SIKO IKM360R Redundant Safety Inclination Sensor
SIKO has introduced the IKM360R redundant safety inclination sensor for use in mobile machines such as wheel and telescopic loaders, excavators, mobile cranes, and truck mounted pumping stations. This sensor achieves safety level PLd, enabling its use in safety-critical applications. Per SIKO’s press release announcing the launch of the IKM360R sensor, it features a robust design up to IP6K9K, an operating temperature range from 40-85 C (-40-185 F) and an optional redundant CANopen or CANopen safety interface.
Features of the SIKO IKM360R Redundant Safety Inclination Sensor include:
- Resolution of 0.001 degrees and an accuracy of ±0.2 degrees ensures high degree of reliability of the largest possible application range
- Redundant one- or two-axis inclination sensor (0-360 or -80-80 degrees)
- Accuracy ±0.8 degrees over the entire measuring and temperature ranges
Learn more about the SIKO IKm360R redundant safety inclination sensor
HAWE C40V Axial Piston Pumps
HAWE Hydrauklik has introduced the C40V axial piston pumps for medium pressure ranges. This lightweight pump was designed to be compact and for use in open circuits of mobile machines. The pumps feature pressure ranges up to 280 bar (4,061.06 psi).
The C40V pump can be used in a variety of applications such as agricultural and forestry machinery, municipal vehicles, fan control systems and aerial work platforms. According to HAWE, it can also be used to drive generators or to steer construction machinery.
Features of the axial piston pumps include:
- Maximum delivery volume is 85 cm3/rev and is available in three sizes (28, 45, 85 cm3)
- Purely mechanical adjustable pressure regulators or electro-proportional pressure or flow regulators are also available
- Swash plate design allows the flow rate to be varied very finely and easily via the swivel angle, making it an efficient drive for mobile hydraulic systems
- Lighter than its predecessor and has an even higher maximum self-priming speed of 3,200 rpm
Learn more about HAWE C40V Axial Piston Pumps