Component manufacturers are continually developing new products and further enhancing their offerings to provide OEMs with solutions that will best fit their equipment designs and end use customer needs.
Each week we’ll provide an overview of the latest components which have entered the heavy-duty mobile equipment market to help you find the products you need for your machine designs.
And be sure to check out our Component Directory for even more products. There you can also search by component categories and type.
Allison Transmission FracTran Hydraulic Fracturing Transmission
Allison transmission has announced the launch of the Allison FracTran hydraulic fracturing transmission. The transmission was launched with a rating of 3,300 hp (2,460.81 kW) and 10,000 lb.-ft. (13,558.2 Nm) of input torque and is capable of up to 3,500 hp (2,609.95 kW) with no hardware modifications required.
“As hydraulic fracturing fleets and operators move toward higher horsepower, smaller spreads to reduce their environmental footprint, and seek shorter times to reach depth in search of improved sustainability, efficiency and profitability, Allison is innovating with them to remain a desired partner of choice for the energy market,” said John Coll, Senior Vice President of Global Marketing, Sales, and Service at Allison Transmission, in the company’s original press release announcing the launch of the transmission.
Features of the Allison FracTran hydraulic fracturing transmission include:
- Purpose built based on the specific performance requirements of the customer
- Meets unique and continually evolving demands of hydraulic fracturing industry
- Eight ranges available with multiple gear ratio options to meet specific customer performance demands
- Offers filter and fluid life prognostics, a transmission-mounted control module, torsional measuring diagnostics, and an on-rig telematics gateway
Learn more about the Allison FracTran hydraulic fracturing transmission
ACEINNA OpenIMU335RI Inertial Measurement Unit
ACEINNA announced the availability of the OpenIMU335RI inertial measurement unit (IMU) with CAN and RS232 interfaces. Per the company’s press release announcing the availability of the IMU, it is triple redundant which enables it to provide increased performance in key acceleration and rate sensor characteristics as well as increased reliability.
“This new IMU adds to ACEINNA’s successful line of 6 and 9-DOF IMUs and provides even higher performance for designs that need it. It is the same size and has the same electrical interface as our popular OpenIMU300RI and MTLT305D sensors, giving existing customer an upgrade path to higher performance without redesign,” said Michael DiGangi, Executive VP of ACEINNA, in the company’s press release about the inertial measurement unit.
Features of the OpenIMU335RI inertial measurement unit include:
- Provides 3D acceleration, 3D rate and optional 3D magnetic field for machine guidance and control applications in construction, agriculture, and autonomous equipment
- Proprietary algorithm detects a failing sensor and automatically and seamlessly eliminates it from the solution, allowing equipment to continue normal operation using the remaining sensors
- Runs the OpenIMU open-source stack that includes an optimized full-state Kalman Filter for attitude and GPS-Aided Position-Velocity-Time (PVT) measurement
- Features an open-source environment that allows for algorithm optimization for specific vehicle or application dynamics and custom messaging
Learn more about the ACEINNA OpenIMU335RI Inertial Measurement Unit
Bosch Rexroth Hägglunds Atom Hydraulic Motor
Bosch Rexoth has launched the new Hägglunds Atom hydraulic motor that is designed with a maximum torque of up to 13.6 kNm and a specific torque of 40 Nm/bar. This compact and lightweight motor can fit on a winch on land or at sea and can handle shock loads at peak pressure of up to 420 bar (6,091.58 psi).
“Never has so much power been packed into a motor this small. The Hägglunds Atom, with its substantially higher torque and power, is a motor that deserves its name – unthinkably small and light, but with the power to change everything for customers,” said Wolfram Ulrich, Vice President Sales Hägglunds products and solutions at Bosch Rexroth, in the company’s press release announcing the launch of the new hydraulic motor.
Features of the Hägglunds Atom hydraulic motor include:
- Features a rugged and robust design
- Supplies more revolutions per minute, and more power than motors of similar size
- Maximum power of 394 kW (528.36 hp)
Learn more about the Bosch Rexroth Hägglunds Atom hydraulic motor
Littelfuse ADR Battery Disconnect Switch
Littelfuse has released the ADR Battery Disconnect Switch for dangerous goods carriage vehicles. According to Littelfuse’s press release about the switch, it uses a minimum current when it is turned on and zero when off. The “magnetic ON-OFF position” absorbs current only during the commuting phase: when switched from (OFF) to (ON) and vice versa. Generally referred to as “bistable with zero consumption”, the switch connects/disconnects the electric circuit to/from the battery.
Features of the Littelfuse ADR Battery Disconnect Switch include:
- Connects/disconnects the electric circuit to/from the battery
- One P/N can be utilized for both 12 and 24V
- Positive disconnection switch available either as a base unit or complete kit with ATEX compliant chassis switch, cabin toggle switch, switch protection cover, and harnesses
- Integrated 7-way DIN connector
Learn more about the Littelfuse ADR Battery Disconnect Switch
HED CANect Telematics Demonstration Kit
HED, Inc. has launched a CANect Telematics Product Demonstration Kit which can serve a dual-purposes as a stand-alone benchtop demo or as a prototype that can be connected and tested directly on OEM vehicles. Per the company’s press release about the kit’s launch, CANect Telematics is an end-to-end solution enabling HED customers to have complete flexibility in the design of their own telematics solution. This flexibility allows OEMs to define the on-vehicle and cloud experience offered to their end-users.
“The CANect Demo Kit allows our OEM Customer to experience the entire CANect Telematics product portfolio from a desk with a pre-installed vehicle simulation demo rather than going through the process of implementing a full application up front. If our OEM customer likes what they see, the demo kit can then quickly be adapted for on-vehicle prototyping. No additional software or hardware is required,” said Chad Repp, CANect Business Development Manager, in the company’s press release announcing the launch of the demonstration Kit.
Features of the CANect Telematics Product Demonstration Kit include:
- Flexibility allows OEMs to define the on-vehicle and cloud experience offered to end-users
- Provides software applications for end-users to monitor fleets
- Designed for a variety of applications from condition-based maintenance to system integration to reduce total cost of ownership (TOC)
- Improves productivity, increases safety and connectivity, expands functionality, and simplifies ease of use
Learn more about the CANect Telematics Product Demonstration Kit