Meritor WABCO announces that its Electronically Controlled Air Suspension (ECAS) is available for both OEM installation and aftermarket retro-fit.
- Provides “intelligent load transfer” to help improve traction and reduce tire wear for fleets already using 6X2 vehicle configurations for weight and fuel savings
- For fleets considering 6X2 configurations, offers assurance of optimal traction and ride performance to support conversion to 6X2 for fuel and weight savings
- Offers enhanced traction capability, improved drive axle tire wear, reduced parasitic loss and weight savings.
- Features accurate, electronic maintenance and control of ride height between axles and chassis
- Reduces air consumption for better fuel economy through decreased compressor duty cycle with air spring pressure adjustment only occurring when there is a change in load
- Quick and automatic load transfer from tag to drive axle reduces drive axle wheel spin during low traction events
- Provides faster coupling/uncoupling process due to faster inflating/deflating of air bellows when compared to mechanical leveling valves
- Includes speed-activated driveline protection via automatic increase in driving level
- Manual lift axle control reduces roll resistance when the vehicle is unladen