American Sensor Technologies, Inc. (AST) has released the AST4000 pressure sensor with special configurations for the hydraulic industry. Through the usage of a three digit option code, the AST4000 series can be modified to withstand a variety of mechanical, electrical and environmental challenges in hydraulic pressure measurement applications.
- One-piece design; uses its Krystal Bond technology, where the pressure port is constructed from a single piece of stainless steel
- Machines the pressure sensing element from a bar of high strength stainless steel
- Stress to strain curve of the diaphragm is extremely low
- Standard proof pressure capability is two times the rated pressure, but can be specified with a four times proof pressure
- Offers an internal welded restrictor plug, which reduces the overall length, cost, and potential leak points in the system
- Available with pressure port threads of NPT, SAE, and metric configurations; the AST4000 pressure sensor can be installed in virtually any manifold or system.
- Output signals include: 4-20mA, 10mV/V, millivolt (provides a bandwidth of 3dB) DC to 5kHz