DSM Engineering Plastics launches Akulon Fuel Lock, a mono-polyamide 6 compound which dramatically reduces evaporative emissions from the fuel tanks of non-road, outdoor equipment and vehicles with small, spark-ignition engines.
- Tests of a tank with a nominal 2 mm wall thickness molded from Akulon Fuel Lock showed an exceptionally low evaporative emission rate less than 20% of the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulation limit
- Supports sustainable practices by avoiding fluorination, a traditional barrier technology for high-density polyethylene (HDPE)
- High impact resistance down to -40C
- Offer customers the ability to design thinner-wall fuel tanks that reduce weight and material
- Utilize standard injection molding and blow molding tools and machines